In 2019, Romania is holding the rotating Presidency of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region. In the framework of its Enlargement & Integration Initiative, the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission will support pre-paid travel and accommodation to selected researchers/experts from Albania, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo*, Turkey, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine to participate to the 8th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region, taking place on 27-28 June 2019 in Bucharest/Romania.
The pre-paid travel and accommodation scheme will be granted on the basis of the following non-cumulative demonstrated criteria:
- Scientific and professional achievements, in particular related to culture, tourism, new technologies and digitalisation in tourism, ensuring safety and security in tourism, transport connectivity and mobility, regional and macro-regional growth;
- Number and quality of scientific and professional publications in the sectors of: transport, digitalisation, green technologies and tourism;
- Number and quality of projects and activities in which the applicant has participated/is currently contributing to and implemented within the Danube macro-region, in one or more of the above-mentioned sectors.
To apply please send your manifestation of interest to the following address: JRC-SUPPORT-EUSDRfirstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 24th April 2019, 17h00 which must contain all three documents:
- Biography of the applicant, not more than two pages;
- Motivation letter;
- List of achievements, publications, projects and activities in line with the non-cumulative demonstrated criteria as specified at points A, B and C.
Some further requirements can be found on the page of Priority Area 10: https://www.danube-capacitycooperation.eu/news/pre-paid-travel-and-accommodation-participation-at-the-annual-forum-of-the-eu-strategy-for-the-danube-region-27-28-june-2019.
Please note that, you must register for the event in order to be eligible for travel and accommodation pre-paid scheme by using the following link: